SPEAK TRUTH TO ISRAELI POWER.
INTRODUCTION: AIPAC, the American
- Because of the Holocaust, 1000 years of pogroms and anti-Semitism that continue to this day in Christian liturgy, and because of the shame of the world in refusing refuge to Holocaust victims, Israel and Jews everywhere have a legal and moral right to the State of Israel as granted in 1947 by the United Nations, with the boundaries existing until the 1967 War.
Israelhas no legal, moral or historical right to a single square foot beyond the 1967 boundaries granted by the UN. Israel Israeldid not capture the West Bank and Gaza“fair and square” from . The Palestinians did not start the 1967 War and the War was not with them. Jordan Syria and Palestine were the nations involved in the 1967 War. Egypt Israelsimply seized the opportunity provided by the War to capture and occupy the West Bank and in violation of International Law and the UN Charter in order to implement its Greater Vision of Israel. That vision was to capture all of Gaza Palestinefor as soon as possible. Israel Israel, for the last 39 years has been an imperialist military occupier of the West Bank and forcing 3.5 million of Palestinians to live under cruel military control, exploitation, poverty, humiliation and squalor. After 1967, Gaza Israelcaptured and occupied the West Bank and Gazanot for reasons of military security, but as a part of ’s “Greater Vision of Israel.” Israel Israeldid not simply establish military bases in the West Bank and so as better to defend itself from future attacks. Gaza immediately destroyed 140 Palestinian water wells. Israel established Jewish civilian settlements in the West Bank, seized control of the available water, allocated 83% of the water to settlers and to Israel and provided a mere 17% to the millions of Palestinians. Israel destroyed many thousands of olive trees, 10,000 homes, and villages. Israel established dozens of civilian settlements which it then guarded with the IDF in order to “create conditions on the ground” implementing its Greater Vision in defiance of all negotiations and International Law. Israel has never agreed to accept the pre-1967 borders and has never accepted the right of Palestinians to have a state of their own. Israel has not sought peace at every turn and has not shown restraint when provoked. Israel Israelhas always attached preconditions to negotiations with Palestineand provided for endless negotiating sessions thereafter to insure that its future complete occupation of West Bank and would never really be impaired. Gaza has never been concerned with the plight of the Palestinians. Israel regularly imposes “collective punishment” and “targeted assassinations” on Palestinian men women and children. This can in no way be justified as “defensive” or “justified” retaliation because of the evil of a despairing, hopeless, humiliated, young male or female suicide bomber who kills himself or her self and a few Israelis. This is something like balancing the evil of a rebellious Black Slave in the Pre-Civil War South with the evil of the Institution of slavery implemented with the whips, guns and Ku Klux Klan lynching carried out by the White plantation owners. It is an attempt to “spin” the realities of immense Israeli military power and Israel ’s covert objective of gaining ever more territory and control Israel
- The right wing neo-cons have seized control of
Israelas they have of the with identical results. United States is no longer a land of socialism, kibbutzim, and state owned businesses. The neo-cons have privatized Israel Israel’s state owned businesses, reduced taxes for corporations and the rich, opened to Western investors, abolished the kibbutzim, slashed social service benefits, raised the pension age, and enacted laws making it more difficult for employees to strike. As a consequence things have gotten worse for the average Israeli: Israel
- 28% of Israeli Children do not have health care.
Israelhas spent $14 Billion on the rich settlements in the West Bankwhile 24% of the Israeli citizens live below the poverty line.
- The neo-cons in the US and Israel eagerly support the Israeli occupation of the West Bank as a part of the US Plan to dominate and control the planet as outlined in the September, 2002 document The National Security Strategy of the
.. United States of America
- These neo-con acts and policies foster anti-Semitic rage in millions of Arabs, threaten us all with a War of Armageddon proportions, and impoverish the citizens of
. Far from bringing peace and security to Israel , they portend disaster and suffering for us all. Israel is no longer weak and threatened with extinction. Israel has become a military superpower in its own right. Its army and air force rival those Israel Englandand . France has become the world’s fourth largest nuclear power. It has an extremely effective Mossad, its “CIA.” Israel has a huge armaments industry and has become a major arms supplier to the world. Israel
- Arabs and Palestinians are not terrorists by nature any more than any other group of humans. Irgun, a Jewish terrorist organization, first established the practice of murdering innocent Arab women and children in 1937. This practice of Irgun soon found Arab and Palestinian imitators. It is, of course, continued today by
Israel’s “collective punishment” policies and acts of the IDF in the West Bank.
Israeland Palestinewill never have peace and security unless it is imposed upon them by the . Unfortunately the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, (AIPAC) has silenced those Jewish and liberal voters and office holders in the United States who might normally push for justice. AIPAC fully implements this neo-con policy of capturing and controlling all of the West Bank and US . AIPAC has political control of, and has silenced, every Congressperson and Senator, even those who would normally champion the cause of truth, justice, and peace. No elected person in the Gaza United Statesdares to support the Palestinians or to criticize . So the one nation that could impose peace has been rendered powerless and impotent. Israel
- AIPAC has its “Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting,” a PR and propaganda arm which seeks to maintain the ongoing support of American Jews and non-Jews for neo-con right wing policies and complete control of the West Bank and
. CAMERA does this by falsely labeling all criticism of Gaza Israelor support for Palestineas “anti-Semitic” by exploiting the memories of the Holocaust and by outright lies, “spin” about Israel’s true objectives and by repeating ’s own myths and falsehoods. AIPAC is enormously effective and is thought by Congress persons to be the most powerful lobby in Israel in the area of foreign affairs. Washington
- .Israel, Jews everywhere, all Nations and all of us owe the Palestinians massive, generous reparations, rebuilding, and apologies. We owe the Palestinians a viable modern state of their own, free of military incursions and Israeli control. We should all help to fund these reparations. We should seek their forgiveness. This is the only possible plan for peace and security for us all. The Palestinians today are paying the price of the Holocaust.
These are the truths that we must speak to power, to Israeli power, AIPAC power,
Dated: April 20, 2005
Douglas R. Page email@example.com
AIPAC’s own website: www.aipac.org
For a scholarly documented comprehensive study of AIPAC and its power see The Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy by John J. Mearsheimer and Stephen M. Walt at
See also The Israel Lobby and The Peace Process by Marshall Windmiller, Professor Emeritus of International Relations San Francisco State University at
Regarding the rich West Bank settlements and poverty in
On neo-con privatizing in
See an article Death of Kibbuz by Geoffrey Wheatcroft in the Guardian Unlimited for May 14, 2001 found at
For an analysis of the real objectives of
For a current example of the power and control of AIPAC over Congresspersons and Senators, simply examine the amazing array of Democratic and liberal sponsors of HR
a resolution opposing any negotiation with Hamas that was put forth by AIPAC. Lined up by AIPAC and listed as sponsors are such Congress persons as Waxman, Berman, Pelousi, and Rangel. See also see an article by Joshua Frank entitled Hillary Clinton, AIPAC and
For a typical example of AIPAC’s influence on the media and on journalists, a number of articles and letters to the press have been printed calling the Mearsheimer-Walt study cited above anti-Semitic. See for example the opinion article in the Washington Post on April 5, 2006 by Eliot A. Cohen entitled: Yes, It’s Anti-Semitic.
See also Robert Fisk’s article entitled The
in Counterpunch on April 27, 2006 reporting on an interview with Walt and listing the intemperate, false charges made against Walt and Mearsheimer by such inviduals as Alan Dershowitz. http://www.counterpunch.org/
The late Edward W. Said in his 1979 book, Orientalism, surveyed the literature and culture of
Date: April 27, 2006 Douglas R. Page firstname.lastname@example.org